Global Business Services Network (GBSN) Boston
Global Expansion: Important Considerations
Thursday, April 12, 2018
120 Kingston St, Boston, MA 02111
Thursday, April 12, 2018
2:30pm - 7:15pm
Complimentary to corporate professionals.
2:30pm - Registration and networking
3:00pm - Welcome remarks: Steve Hoffman, Global Tax Network
3:10pm - Meeting the Global Expansion Challenge
Presented by Cathy Honey, VP of Strategic Partners Relations at SafeGuard World International and Tom Hess, Director of Global Markets at Citizens Bank
Growth through global expansion is a fact of life for many organizations. Whether through organic growth or acquisition, these new opportunities come with new challenges:
- Opening and new offices and managing funding challenges
- Funding offices in local currencies and controlling the currency conversions
- Managing currency risk and utilizing foreign currency accounts
- Identifying talent and understanding staffing options
- Managing HR and payroll activities, including risks and compliance
- Reporting on needed data
- Considerations in managing cultural differences
In this session, we will discuss new strategies and ways of thinking that are needed when dealing with these issues. We will highlight some of the challenges and present practical options for managing them that will reduce risk and increase opportunities for success.
4:00pm - Panel Discussion; Designing your Global Mobility Program: Considerations, Challenges and Advice
Managing a globally-mobile workforce is one of the most challenging activities for today's HR Generalist. As companies continue to expand global operations, HR professionals are increasingly being charged with the design and administration of their firms' Global Mobility program. GBSN has organized a panel of seasoned mobility managers to discuss the previous, current and future state of their mobility program as well as the unique challenges each face administering their global mobility program. Panelist will share their experiences and advice for HR professionals who are managing their first international assignment or are simply looking for tips to better manage their expatriate and/or global business travelers. This will be an interactive panel and attendees are encouraged to ask questions throughout the discussion.
- Moderator – Chris Ward of TRC Global Mobility
- Panelist – Alicia Browne, Senior Global Mobility Specialist at FM Global
- Panelist - Ken Brown, Global Mobility Lead at Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Panelist – Cheryl Craig, Global Mobility Senior Manager at Pivotal Software, Inc.
- Panelist – Kristen Dardani, EVP, Mobility Careers at MediaCom
7:15pm - Adjourn
Space is limited, register today!
Registration is restricted to sponsors and corporate attendees only.
Registration is closed for this event.